Monday, May 14, 2007

A Tick, a Boy, a Family - another one of Bert Pishle's finest

Many say of dogs and men
A man’s best friend’s of canine blend
But what of boys, the little men?
I’ll tell you what, when I was ten

She jumped upon my head one day
A mother tick an egg did lay
And I knew not that I did please
A baby tick with lymes disease

And little champ did suckle there
Upon my blood we both did share
In weeks that past he swelled in size
A coffee bean, to my demise

For many days I knew yet not
Why hair fell out and flesh did rot
Until I felt the tell tale bump
My little friend, a blood-filled lump

At first my shock and nausea soared
And from the bite green puss did pour
But I was not disheartened yet
Two lonely souls had finally met

You may think I’d pluck him from
The head that he’d been feeding on
But the little champ would not be free
So I let him stay, a part of me

Oh I will boast in nothing less
Than my little tick’s own happiness
For I knew that we were meant to be
A Tick, a Boy, a Family

Now I shall lay me down to sleep
I pray the lord my soul to keep
If lymes disease should me destroy
I gave a tick a life of joy

2 comments:

Faith said...

First question: Why are you still both posting with the same name? You realize that you can use separate usernames on the same blog, right?
Second question: Why is the tick named Elijah?
Third (and this is a random fact): did you know that Elijah was bitten by a deer tick two weeks ago? (I brought him to the doctor, and he's ok)

MA said...

i thoroughly enjoyed that. great job! now... who wrote that??